Thursday, January 7, 2010

Art + cafes = success!

When I started out on my venture as an artist in 2007 the first place I ever hung my work was Blighty's Bistro on Oak Bay ave in Victoria. I was thrilled to see my work on the walls.. but never did I think I would sell 15 original peices in 6 months! From there I hung my work for a 2 month show at Mo:le resturant on Pandora st in Victoria. I sold 12 original paintings! wow! At first I did not think that cafes and resturants would be a great place to sell art but quickly learned I was wrong! And why wouldnt people buy art from these places? unlike galleries and art shows, people get to sit with the art for a long period time (most people spend at least an hour going for dinner)... and really ponder over the peice .. where will I put it?... how will I pay for it?.... can i convince my husband to buy it for me for me birthday? ect... Its a great deal.. the artist gets exposure and the Cafe gets great art on thier walls for free! Its a win win! Since then I have done several resturant/cafe shows with great success! At the moment I have my work hanging in Serious Coffee Cook st Village in Victoria and am looking forward to hanging my work in Pedros Cafe on granville island in February 2010!

Mole Resturant Victoria 2008

Blighty's Bistro 2007
Serious Coffee Cook st village Victoria-now showing!

No comments:

Post a Comment